THE POLYOLEFIN COMPANY SHUTDOWN (PETROCHEMICAL COMPLEX SINGAPORE)
MAIN CONTRACTOR: JEL MAINTENANCE PTE LTD
PROJECT DURATION: JULY 2016 – AUG 2016
Scope of Work:
- Overhauling of Static & Rotating Equipment
- Peak Manpower – 500 pax
- Duration – 20 Days Critical Works:
- This shutdown was carried out on 4 plants BL1, BL2, TREX and SPEL-2.
- Overhauling of more than 400 equipment, manholes, safety valves, reactor, drum, heat exchangers, filters, 4 extruders, 11 blowers, 2 compressors and various pumps and agitators, were carried out.
- Manpower required for this shutdown works was 500. With the short time frame of only 20 days and working with such huge manpower, the job proved to be a challenge—one that JML has successfully overcome.